Basic Rider Course
The BRC is the required course for obtaining your motorcycle endorsement. Learn to ride or brush up on your skills in this two and one-half day class. We supply the motorcycles, helmets and course tests. Successful completion of the course automatically qualifies you for the endorsement which is required to legally ride in Florida and other states.
Included in the fee are use of a motorcycle and a DOT-approved helmet, a student handbook and testing for the required motorcycle endorsement. Testing takes place via a multiple choice written test and an on-bike skills test. We enter your passing scores into the State of Florida Department of Motor Vehicles data bank so all you have to do is get a new license with the endorsement.
Friday – 5:30 p.m. to 10:p.m. Classroom session held at Peterson’s Harley Davidson South, 19825 South Dixie Highway, Miami.
Saturday – 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Classroom and range skills held at Homestead-Miami Speedway
Sunday – 7:30 a.m. to noon. Range skills and test held at Homestead-Miami Speedway
Ending times may vary depending on progress of the class and weather conditions.
- You Must Bring: (required for riding -no exceptions)
- Eye protection: glasses, goggles, face shield
- Full-fingered leather gloves (no cut-offs)
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket
- Long pants
- Boots or high-topped foot wear that covers your ankles
Additional items we highly recommend:
- Personal helmet (must be DOT certified)
- Cooler, water, sports drinks, snacks, lunch
- Baseball cap or bandana
- Rain gear